Get Our Michigan Truck Accident Legal Team Behind You
Michigan Truck Accident Lawyers
Kajy Law Helps Michigan Truck Accident Victims
From the minute after a Michigan truck accident all the way until the settlement check, the Michigan truck accident lawyers at Kajy Law are there to help Michigan residents just like you.
You Need a Legal Team Who Knows Michigan Truck Accidents
Michigan truck accident cases fall under an entirely different area of law.
That’s why Kajy Law has a dedicated Truck Accident Team who knows them inside and out.
The fact is, a Michigan truck accident involves unique statutes, defendants, adjusters, defense tactics, etc. Which is why our hand-picked team only focuses only on these cases to get you the biggest settlement possible.
Our team is made up of experienced Michigan truck accident lawyers, paralegals, and other legal professionals. Here’s what you can expect:
- From day one, we are ready to hit the ground running as we lay the groundwork to win your truck accident case.
- We also keep you in control with free personal consultations to answer all of your questions, guide you to know what to do, and to care for your needs along the way.
- Our no-fee guarantee lets you focus on getting the care and help you need instead of worrying about paying for anything. All the while, our team is hard at work on your case behind the scenes.
- Our truck accident lawyers have the education, training, and experience to position your case for the highest settlement possible–even taking it to Federal Court, if necessary.
All because Kajy cares.
In order to achieve the best outcome possible for you after your Michigan truck accident, our team has also answered some of the key questions people ask after a truck accident.
Even though a truck accident victim can feel overwhelmed, it’s important to remain calm and stay at the scene while you wait for the police to arrive. You should also do the following:
- Obtain the truck driver’s details
- Document what happened
- Seek medical attention
- Contact a Michigan Truck Accident Attorney, who will guide matters with your insurance provider when applying for no-fault benefits (please note insurance companies often require a claim made within 24 hours of the truck accident)
- Maintain good records of everything related to the truck accident
Along with taking these steps, our Michigan truck accident attorneys can help you to avoid taking some steps that can work against you.
Because Michigan is a “no-fault” state, most injuries are likely to be covered under each drivers’ own insurance policy.
However, trucking accidents have more entities that may be found at fault. These parties may include:
- The passenger vehicle driver
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The cargo company/freight broker
Michigan law allows an injured person to pursue compensation from these or other parties.
Michigan allows accident victims to receive different benefits and compensations for damages from various parties. Here are some of them:
Michigan is a no-fault state to allow drivers to receive medical treatment from their own insurance companies. While this is not an exhaustive list, these are some of the damages Michigan Law allows a victim to recover after an accident:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Household replacement services
- Attendant care
Once no-fault benefits are reached, a victim may sue for economic damages that they suffered from the truck accident. These damages are basically what they lose financially from an accident that can be proved by medical bills or that’s based on prior income before the accident.
A victim of a truck accident may also sue for intangible damages suffered. These may include
- Psychological or emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Deterioration of the quality of life
- Permanent disabilities/effects of the accident
The Truck team at Kajy Law has handled countless Michigan truck accident cases. As such, we’ve found that these are the three most common causes behind them.
- The truck driver
The driver of the truck may cause the accident because they were impaired by being drowsy or fatigued, distracted while driving, or failed to properly secure their load or maintain their vehicle and equipment.
- The passenger vehicle driver
Passenger vehicle drivers may cause accidents because they’re driving in a careless or reckless manner, distracted by their cell phone, looking in the mirror, or are eating while behind the wheel.
- Other causes
Drivers may encounter a number of other circumstances that cause truck accidents such as inclement weather, road hazards, or even defective vehicle components.
Thanks to Michigan State Government statistics, drivers can look at the data behind truck accidents in order to avoid them.
Here are some of the most important statistics from this report that dealt with Michigan truck accidents:
- There were 14,972 accidents involving trucks
- 93 of these accidents were fatal, resulting in 103 deaths
- The majority of these accidents involved 25-34 year old males
- The most dangerous time of the day for truck accidents was between 12:00 p.m. to 2:59 p.m.
There are more statistics that reveal important information such as where truck accidents are most likely to take place.
Kajy Law’s Michigan Truck Accident Attorneys Know How to Win
Get the Michigan truck accident specific help you need to win against big trucking companies, logistics companies, insurance companies, and other entities that are trying to minimize or deny responsibility for what happened to you.
Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers
Team up with an entire legal team dedicated to one thing: winning your Michigan truck accident case. The Michigan truck accident attorneys at Kajy Law know exactly how to get you and your loved ones the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Michigan Truck Accident Attorneys For Help
Our truck accident attorneys are ready to provide the legal guidance you deserve. Having won over $40 million for accident victims like you, we know how to help you take back control of your life now while maximizing your settlement.