Let Kajy Law Explain What’s Behind Michigan Truck Accidents
Michigan Truck Accident Lawyers
Find Out What’s Behind Michigan Truck Accidents From Key Statistics
Any vehicle that loses control can turn deadly in an accident. However, a truck weighing 80,000 lbs is especially dangerous, given its increased dimensions, weight, and power. Not surprisingly, the ensuing damage is often more severe from these types of accidents.
Kajy Law has a specialized team that focuses only on Michigan truck accidents. In order to help you avoid them, we’re sharing the most important Michigan truck accident statistics.
Truck Accident Statistics for Michigan
The 2021 Statewide Traffic Crash Data Year End Report published by the Michigan State Government reveals key data showing the results of semi-truck accidents. These fall into the category of “Heavy Truck/Bus” which includes commercial trucks or truck/trailers having a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more.
- There were a total of 14,972 of these types of accidents, 2,949 more than the previous year
- 93 of these accidents were fatal, which made up 6.1% of the total number of auto accident fatalities
- The total number of people killed was 103
- There was a 32% increase in fatalities in comparison to the prior year
- 17 of those that were fatal had a fatality in the vehicle
- 2,487 of these accidents caused injuries, which comprised 2.7% of all auto accident injuries
- The total number of people injured was 3,369
Background Statistics Behind Michigan Truck Accidents
While the above statistics may tell what happened, we’ve also compiled statistics that show who was most often involved in a truck accident and when.
- The majority of these accidents involved males age 25-34
- October was the most dangerous month for truck accidents, with 1,450 taking place in this month alone
- Tuesday saw the most of these accidents, with 2,684. The safest day was Sunday, with 558 accidents taking place on this day
- The most dangerous time of the day for accidents that include semi-trucks was between 12:00 p.m. to 2:59 p.m., which saw 3,504 semi-truck accidents
- Wayne County had the most truck accidents with 2,541 taking place within its borders
Team Up Kajy Law’s Michigan Truck Accident Attorneys
Did you know that both truck drivers and trucking companies are supposed to be held to higher standards according to Michigan state law? This is especially important due to a semi-truck’s increased size and weight making them far more dangerous on the road.
Yet, it’s not uncommon to see truck accidents that are the result of these trucking laws and regulations being ignored or even purposefully broken in order for these trucking companies to make more money.
That’s why you need legal help that knows these specific Michigan trucking laws and regulations if you were in an accident involving a semi-truck in Michigan.
Our Michigan Truck Accident Lawyers Know How To Win
Kajy Law wants the very best for our clients. So because truck accidents are so unique, we have assembled a specialty team of Michigan truck accident legal professionals with lawyers and paralegals that only focus on this unique field of Michigan law. Their years of knowledge and experience will help you get justice and maximize the compensation you deserve after your truck accident.
Contact Our Attorneys For Help After Your Michigan Truck Accident
Kajy Law’s truck accident lawyers are ready to use their combined 133 years of legal experience to help you get the settlement you deserve after your truck accident while also providing you with practical assistance you need for your recovery.