Let Our Motorcycle Accident Team Provide The Guidance You Need
Michigan Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Answers From The Legal Team Who Know Michigan Motorcycle Accidents
Each year, thousands of Michigan motorcycle accidents take place. Lives are changed due to the injuries that occur and the expenses that pile up. The Kajy Law Michigan motorcycle accident team has acquired insights into every aspect of these accidents, and we want to share this information with Michigan riders to help them make the best decisions possible.
Answers From Attorneys Who Know Michigan Motorcycle Accidents
The laws surrounding Michigan motorcycle accidents are different from every other type of accident. Because they are so unique, Kajy Law has a dedicated team who only work on motorcycle accidents and nothing else.
One major difference that sets motorcycles apart is how they’re classified in Michigan. Unlike other modes of transportation such as cars or trucks, motorcycles are not classified as motor vehicles in the state of Michigan. This affects what steps to take after a motorcycle accident occurs, who is responsible for paying bills, and how to receive compensation.
To give our clients every advantage possible, Kajy Law has selected experienced, educated Michigan motorcycle lawyers, paralegals, and other legal professionals who know exactly what steps to take at every point of the legal process.
Kajy Cares. Let us show you how.
Team up with us and receive:
- Immediate legal action from our Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers as they lay the groundwork to win your case.
- Free personal consultations to answer any questions and concerns you have, along with guidance on what to do and how to get your needs cared for.
- Never worry about paying out of pocket thanks to our No-Fee Guarantee. We let you focus on getting the care and help you need instead of worrying about legal bills or fees.
- Rest easy knowing our team is hard at work on your case behind the scenes. You’ll get the highest settlement possible thanks to the education, training, and experience of our motorcycle accident lawyers.
We know Michigan motorcycle accidents inside and out. So in order to help you understand what steps to take, our team has answered some of the most common questions people ask after a Michigan motorcycle accident.
Each year, the state of Michigan publishes a report documenting how many motorcycle accidents took place along with background information surrounding those accidents. Here are the primary motorcycle accident statistics from this report:
- There were 3,175 Michigan motorcycle accidents, 187 more than the previous year
- 166 of these motorcycle accidents were fatal
- 2% of motorcyclist fatalities were males
Because Kajy Law’s Michigan motorcycle accident team only focuses on these unique types of cases, they understand every part of the accident–including what caused it. These are the most common situations that lead to motorcycle accidents:
Passenger vehicle driver error
Whether it was accidental or not, other drivers may have been at fault for a Michigan motorcycle accident. They may have been driving carelessly, recklessly, failed to yield, or were distracted.
At times, it’s the motorcyclists themselves that caused the Michigan motorcycle accident. They may have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol, were speeding or riding recklessly, or they failed to properly maintain their motorcycle.
Sometimes, it’s road conditions or circumstances that caused a motorcycle accident. There may have been hazards on the road, inclement weather, or defective components that ended up causing a rider to lose control of their motorcycle.
By taking the correct steps after your motorcycle accident, you’ll be in the best position to get the medical care and compensation you deserve. The most important step to take is to ensure your own safety and well being, which means moving to a safe area and receiving any emergency medical treatment if necessary.
If you’re medically able to remain at the scene of the Michigan motorcycle accident, wait for the police to arrive. You should also do the following:
- Obtain any other driver’s details who were involved in the accident
- Document what happened
- Seek the full medical attention you require, both from doctors as well as any prescribed treatments for injuries
- Contact a Michigan Motorcycle Accident Attorney to help you understand who will pay for your medical bills and to communicate with your insurance provider
- Maintain good records of everything related to the accident, including ongoing treatments and other effects the accident had on your life
These are the most important steps to take after a Michigan motorcycle accident. However, our Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers can also help you to avoid making mistakes that can cost you. Find out what not to do after a Michigan motorcycle accident to avoid problems when settling your case. >>
Because motorcycles are not classified as motor vehicles in Michigan, there is a different process when it comes time to pay for bills related to a Michigan motorcycle accident.
The responsibility for who pays medical bills is arranged in a certain order according to Michigan law. To help explain who is responsible, we’ll use the following scenario:
A Michigan motorcyclist is struck by a car.
- First to pay for medical bills is the car owner or registrant’s insurance company.
If they don’t have insurance:
- The insurance company of the driver/operator of the car pays.
If they don’t have insurance:
- The auto insurance of the motorcycle driver/operator pays.
And if they don’t have insurance:
- The auto insurance of the motorcycle owner will be required to pay.
There may also be other contributing circumstances that result in someone else paying. Learn more about your legal options after a Michigan motorcycle accident. >>
Depending on the circumstances, what damages can be recovered after a Michigan motorcycle accident may vary a great deal.
However, it’s likely that your first bills will be your medical bills. To help with these, there are Personal Injury Protection benefits (or PIP) that are available for accident victims with motorcycle insurance coverage. While this is not an exhaustive list, these are some of the PIP benefits that are likely available:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Attendant care
- Household replacement services
It’s important to note that these are not the only damages that can be recovered after a motorcycle accident. Learn what other damages can be recovered from your Michigan motorcycle accident. >>
Get Help From The Legal Team Who Only Work On Michigan Motorcycle Accidents
You need specialized help to know who’s responsible for your accident, how your bills will be paid, what laws apply, and how to maximize your settlement.
Kajy Law’s Motorcycle Accident Team up has successfully represented hundreds of injured motorcyclists just like you. They know exactly how to get you and your loved ones the compensation you deserve while providing help and support throughout the entire process.
Contact Our Michigan Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Our motorcycle accident attorneys have won over 2,500 cases for Michigan accident victims like you. Let us use our thorough knowledge of state and federal laws to maximize your settlement after your motorcycle accident.