If you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident, we offer some tips to help your legal case:
- Try to immediately write down the license plate number of the vehicle, its make, model, color or any other information which will help identify the vehicle to investigators.
- Try to record information about the driver of the vehicle, such as hair color, skin color, or anything else that will help identify the driver of the vehicle for investigators.
- Stop and report the accident immediately to law enforcement, by calling 911.
- Try to locate any witnesses who may have seen the driver and obtain their name and contact information.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including skid marks and impact location to your vehicle.
- Look to see if there is a gas station or other business that has cameras which may have caught the driver on tape. These videos are often overwritten on a regular basis if they are not flagged, so it is crucial they are identified and preserved immediately.
- Never try to chase down the fleeing driver, as this may lead to another accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Contact the Kajy Law Firm so we can offer you an early free consultation and advise you regarding a possible case.